Whilst the Albert Hall is a relatively untouched Victorian Theatre, we’ve made it possible for anyone to attend a performance, in our beautiful building.
From Step-Free Access to Accessible Toilet Facilities, we want your time with us to be as relaxed as possible.
We’ve created a step free route into our building. The route avoids the foyer, and enters directly into the auditorium, allowing those with mobility difficulties, to be able to experience the world of theatre.
Please speak to the front door steward on arrival to be directed into the theatre.
We’re pleased to announce that we have an accessible toilet on site. Located on the side of the auditorium, the facility is accessible by all.
Unfortunately, we do not have a Changing Places Toilet. The nearest one can be found on the Changing Places Website.
Due to the current nature of the building, we are unable to provide step-free access to our bar. Should you be unable to access our bar facilities, please speak to a steward, who will be more than happy to assist.
Many of our volunteers are first-aid trained, so if you require assistance at any time please ask the nearest steward, who will be able to find the correct support.
The Albert Hall allows Service Animals (SA) and Emotional Support Animals (ESA) to accompany their handler to any location in the building or facility where members of the public or persons are permitted.
If you attend an event with an SA or ESA, we ask that you adhere to the following requirements to ensure that the experience of other guests isn’t negatively impacted:
- They must be under control at all times i.e. on a lead/in a travel basket etc. and should remain clear of the main walkways.
- They must always remain quiet and close to the owner
- They must be house broken and not relieve themselves anywhere within the venue.
- They should avoid physical contact with staff or guests, in case of allergies and for health and safety purposes.
- They should not come into contact with food or beverages on sale in the venue.
- They must be well groomed, clean and hygienic.
- We reserve the right to assess requests for animals to attend on a case-by-case basis, considering the welfare of our guests, staff and the animal in question.
- Staff may ask the guest & animal to leave if it breaches the requirements above or if the welfare of the animal is at risk.
Animals who do not fall under the category of Service/Assistance or Emotional Support Animals will be refused entry.
Our full Assistance Animal policy, can be found at Assistance Animal Policy.
We hope that everyone who visits The Albert Hall enjoys their experience. We recommend visitors who require additional assistance to contact us in order to speak to a member of staff in advance to get the best advice.