Our Victorian auditorium and stage is a wonderful performance space. It is suitable for all types of events, including:
- drama shows
- touring plays
- musical productions
- concerts, and
- much, much more.
The theatre is available at modest rates, and comprises the following features:
- Capacity for 458 people (stalls and circle)
– 242 in the Stalls, 212 on the Circle, and 4 Wheelchairs.
- Stage with steps either side of the auditorium
- Wing areas on both sides of the stage
- Electric piano
- Full Size Cinema Screen
- Basic sound system, lighting rig, and curtain bars (see our technical specification for more details)
- 2 dressing rooms – The Lower Hall can also used for extra space, but there will be a charge for this.
- Direct access to stage via side alleyway
- Disabled access to auditorium
- Bar facilities – provided by the Albert Hall Management Committee (NB. there may be an extra charge for this.)
We welcome both professional and amateur groups.
We are also pleased to host charity events.
Unfortunately there is no disabled access to the stage or backstage areas. There is level access to the Auditorium – Please see our Access Page.
To book, or see the hire cost for the auditorium and stage, please go to our how to book page.
Please visit our Technical page to view the Theatre’s technical details, and specifications, and to download the seating plan, or lighting plot.
We have two dressing rooms at the Albert Hall, and have the option to add The Lower Hall as an additional dressing space. The dressing rooms have a sink and toilet, and all have chairs, clothes hooks, surfaces, sockets, and mirrors.